Bird of Paradise

When I was recovering from my surgery last week my wonderful and amazing friends (Chelsea, Shannon and Steve) came over in the evenings to sit with Eric and I and keep me company. And we got to watching some Planet Earth episodes. I hope you have all seen Planet Earth, because it is the best thing EVER. And if you have not- you better get it on netflix right now. Anyway, we watched the one called 'Jungles' which features this amazing mating dance by a Bird of Paradise:

Chelsea decided that she absolutely needed to be that bird for Halloween next year. She stewed on this silently for a while, then snuck away to her room, and shortly emerged with this PERFECT costume.
I just wish I had a video of her dancing around just like that B.O.P. It was great! I am definitely going to miss this when I am gone from Austin. Thanks to all my friends for being so great during all this bummer stuff!

Comments

Andria said…
Chelsea is awesome!
terri said…
I'd love to see that dance. You should post a video.
JB said…
Both Chelsea and that bird are awesome! Also have you seen Human Planet yet? Equally amazing!